Sunday, April 24, 2011

A look back...

I have to be honest, I don't really remember a lot of specifics about the past year (probably due to God's mercy), but my family reminded me of the blog entry I wrote a year ago so thought I'd post it again...

Back on track today as they've restarted the chemo. One day closer to being 75% done!! Today was a pretty good day. I've been fighting a headache which they say is from the LP- not sure how long that will last. It dawned on me this morning that this is the start of holy week and as much as I dislike the current journey that I'm on, it brings me closer to understanding the meaning of Easter. Without a cross, it is very difficult to follow Christ or understand what he did for us. Obviously all of us have our cross, mine happens to be big and hard to miss. Carrying it has allowed me to participate in Jesus' sacrifice, to relate a little better to Christ. Even though I won't be able to attend any Holy week services, I feel closer to Jesus this Easter than any other. I pray that as I bear my cross, I won't become bitter but rather that I'll have a greater appreciation of what our Lord did for us. That I'll be more motivated to follow and to serve. And after we've won this battle (and had a great party) I pray that God shows me how I can use this experience to serve Him better.

If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross and follow me. ~Matthew 16:24
Posted by Janna March 28, 2010
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17