Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter!

Hard to believe that it's Friday already, and that Easter is here! Not much has changed from the “health front” - maybe a little more hair and a little more weight ;) I'm still feeling good and sleeping good. Labs are stable – would like to have a few more platelets and a lot more strength, but so it goes. Last week when I was in Omaha, they didn't see any evidence of that pesky virus that won't seem to go away, (yea!) but this week the labs detected it again – very confusing, such the roller coaster ride. But what's new? I've come to expect the unexpected. Good way to help me remember who's really in charge I guess.
This week, I hope that you've all had time to truly think about “Easter”. I have to admit that I've had a hard time preparing for Easter. I can't seem to quiet my mind long enough to ponder how much Jesus endured in order to guarantee us a way into heaven – the betrayal, the denial, the abandonment, the physical pain... It's hard to think about all the suffering that occurred during the days preceding Easter, but if you choose to skip over that and go straight to Easter morning, it's just bunnies and baskets. To fully experience the true joy that Easter offers, you have to acknowledge the great sacrifice and love that led up to it. If you've never seen the Passion of the Christ, I highly recommend it – it's hard to watch, but it will give you a new appreciation for Easter and Christ's love for us. May you have a wonderful Easter – one full of overwhelming, unending joy.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” - John 3:16
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17