Wednesday, April 13, 2011

“Not typical” - really? No!! :)

Mom, Dad and I made our monthly trek to Omaha today. As if we didn't already know, my body's response to this journey is once again “not typical” according to Dr Vose. This time it's in regards to why my hair hasn't grown back in the 300 days since my transplant (that's right, we've passed yet another landmark – 300 days!!!) Everything else looks good and Dr Vose is happy with my progress. She hopes to have me off all the immunosuppressants within a couple months and then take me off all the other meds – yea! That means removal of restrictions surrounding things like eating salad and working in the yard! We just need to keep the stem cells “playing nice” in the clubhouse yet not falling asleep on the cancer watch. Those would be the top 2 things on my prayer request list, with return of strength being #3. (I'm afraid I'm still a long way from returning to the athletic field :( And as for the hair regrowth – not sure that that makes the Top 10. I'll just be content with the pixie cut and having to put sunscreen on to protect my scalp! God has promised me a lot of things and has always provided more than I needed and all in the perfect timing. Can't recall any promises about “hair” during my quiet times but guess that too is in His plan – after all, he knows how many hairs are on my head, so he's well aware that I'm still on the sparse end of the spectrum. Must be a lesson here somewhere :)

“Indeed the very hairs of your head are all numbered...” Luke 12:7

“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as long braided hair... Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. I Peter 3: 3-4.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17