Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 150!

Hard to believe that I've already been home for 50 days and that it's been almost 6 months since my transplant! I have to admit that I thought things would have progressed a little quicker than they have. My impatience is starting to show through and to be honest, it's a miracle that it's taken this long to start feeling the restless ache of wanting to feel “normal” and be able to do what I want. Not to mention the disappointment that my stamina hasn't rebounded as quick as I'd like. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very thankful that I'm home, cancer-free, and able to go to work, go to church, live on my own, visit friends... but I'm starting to feel the undercurrent of impatience.
I went back to Omaha today for my monthly check and things were ok. They don't see signs of rejection, but my blood counts have continued to drop so they're running some more tests to try and find a cause for that. (Should know those results by the end of the week). No real answer for the swelling but might be connected to the meds or maybe the anemia. Hopefully it will correct itself soon as I'm tired of my feet hurting, the puffy face and the cankles, oh the cankles! Thankfully, I have seen improvement in my neck pain and headaches – praise God for friends that are PT's!
And praise God for all the men and women that have served our country to protect our freedom. May we show them the same support that they have shown to us! Happy Veterans Day.
"...be content with what you have because God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." ~Hebrews 13:5
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17