Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday, Friday, Friday!!

I think this week was a “push” when it comes to all that is in the land of Janna. No bad news, no good news, no answers. Thinking back on it, I'm actually pretty happy that they didn't find any answers since the tests they were running all looked at the functioning of my heart! I actually don't have the official readings from the ECHO and leg scans that they ran on Thursday, but if you have enough tests, you get pretty good at reading the technologist. When they play the “I can't interpret the test” card or say that your doctor will be notified of the results today and that you will receive a call, that's a bad thing. I was told that my physician would be given the results sometime next week. :)
As for the blood work, everything looked relatively unchanged from last week. Good in that my hgb didn't fall further, but it didn't go up either. I started noticing a rash this week which Omaha feels is most likely a sign of some GVHD but at this point, we’ll treat it with cortisone cream. Dr Vose is out of the country this week so no big changes – must be a rough life.
Regardless, I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, I'll gladly take a “push” and legs that look and feel like tree trunks if it means spending the holidays with those I love.
“If you look, you can always find a silver lining” ~JW
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17