Sunday, February 26, 2012

We will rise!

There's a song that speaks to me and I heard it again today. While it was playing I thought, I need to figure out who sings it so that I can find the lyrics. At the end of the song, the DJ said, “ and if you want the lyrics to this song, just go to our webpage and click on the right hand side...”. So, figured that was a sign that I should share them on the blog – perhaps more for me than for anyone. They're such a good reminder that we will overcome all that this life throws at us. Maybe not today or tomorrow, or even in the way that we'd like, but we WILL rise out of these ashes. Tomorrow I head to Omaha to try and figure out what's going on in my lungs, I pray for encouraging news, but if not, I'll have the message of this blog to fall back on:
Well I keep on coming to this place That I don't know quite how to face...
Sometimes my heart is on the ground And hope is nowhere to be found
Love is a figment I once knew And yet I hold on to what I know is true
Yes I will rise, Out of these ashes, rise...
Cause He who is in me Is greater than I will ever be
And I will rise”
~Shawn McDonald
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17