Sunday, February 19, 2012

Take a deep breath - and say thank you

It's a beautiful, sunny afternoon in February with temperatures nearing 50 degrees and I'm sitting on my couch, giving myself a breathing treatment – knowing that they haven't helped in the past but hopeful that maybe this time it will be different. I'm typing because I don't know what else to do (and it's all I have the energy to do). Overall, I feel better than a week ago, but after things seemed better on Tuesday, my recovery has sputtered out. I just can't breathe and that's scary. No longer is it just annoyance or frustration that I can't go for a walk,- I can't carry on a conversation without becoming warn out and out of breath. Yesterday Mom came over to help me with some things around the house because I was too tired to stand in the kitchen. Is this just part of the virus that I picked up and I need to be patient, or is this what the future holds? Over the past 2 years there have been plenty of days when I didn't feel good and God gave me the strength and courage to push through, I always had hope that better days were in store. But this feels different, this fear is different. I don't feel confident that this will pass. I feel like I'm losing hope and that's the last thing I want to do. After coming so far, I just can't imagine that this is what God has planned. Lent starts this week, and I'm trying so hard to be optimistic about the season – a time to grow, of hope and rebirth, but right now, I'm really just feeling sad. I pray that the next time I write a blog, I can tell you how much better I feel, but right now I can't even seem to find a silver lining. There's no way to sugar coat it, concentrating on each breath stinks. I frequently find myself telling people how I'm grateful for every day, I guess I need to take that a step further and remind people to be thankful for every breath! I know that I have a new appreciation.

“So do not fear, for I am with you;...I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand.” ~Isaiah 41:10
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17