Sunday, January 29, 2012

2 years...

Another anniversary – 2 years ago this weekend, as I was recovering from having my spleen removed, I received news of my stage 4 cancer diagnosis. Hard to believe that it's already been 2 years while at the same time, hard to believe that it's only been 2 years! So much has happened, yet you guys have remained by my side and haven't tired of my prayer requests (or haven't told me if you have!) You've been here for the crazy and the miraculous, the tears and the celebrations, the frustrations and the gratitude, and all the, “seriously, you've got to be kidding me” moments. It still brings me to tears when I think about all the love I’ve been shown. This past weekend I was once again blessed by faithful friends as a group of you surrounded me with prayers and support. What a great reminder of all the miracles God has done and the confidence in what He will continue to do. I left that gathering with such peace – regardless of what happens next week or next month, I know that God is a God of details. I’ve been strengthened by getting a glimpse at some of the “positive” things that have come from my journey as my experiences have helped or inspired others, but it’s really not me – it’s all of your love and support and God’s strength and faithfulness shining through me. I wouldn’t have made it through the initial rounds of chemo by myself, much less 2 years! So as people ask me how I’m doing, I'll be emphasizing how miraculous God has been, allowing me to be where I am today, and probably skip over the current discomforts. There's plenty of time for those another day.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17