Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy 2012

I hope your first week of this new year has been great. The weather in KC has been wonderful so it's hard to not feel good. I'm sure that winter will return any day so I'm trying to enjoy every nice day. NYE was quiet for me – ended up getting sick so it was an early night. But, felt much better on the 1st so not too bad and hopefully a sign of 2012 – (and MUCH better than being in a UNMC hospital room without heat.) Not only has another year come and gone, but another birthday has been “celebrated”. I was at work, but again, much better then last year when I was literally starving in Omaha. Doesn't seem like it's been a year since all that occurred. At first, I was frustrated thinking that it's been a YEAR since I got so sick and I'm still fighting to regain my strength. But then I started thinking about just how tough last winter was and how far I've come. I'm sure that 2 years ago, my primary concern was not what physical condition I'd be in in 2012 or whether I'd be able to run and work-out. This is 2012 and I'm working full time, I feel pretty good, I am surrounded by the love of family and friends, I haven't lost my faith, and I'm alive! Not a bad way for anyone to start the year. I recently read a little article about Gabby Gifford and it talked about the qualities that have sustained them through their trials. It's my 2012 resolution to try and keep these alive and active in my life: “be more patient, resist self-pity and embrace hope”. Happy 2012!
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17