Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yippppeeeee!

Well I guess God isn't going to let me off the hook yet and still has some plans for me! I just finished a long day of tests and Dr Vose gave me the long awaited news that I still appear to be in remission. They don't have the results from the bone marrow biopsy yet, but the PET scan didn't light up like a Christmas tree which means that the cancer is not in my lymph nodes or spreading everywhere. I also got word about the EGD from last week and they couldn't find any signs of rejection! They did pick up evidence of a bacteria which has probably been making me feel sick and can cause ulcers so they started more medicine for a couple weeks. It's yucky stuff but at least it will treat the problem and I should start feeling better! More good news is that I'll be able to stop most of my other medicines, and can restart almost all my vaccines tomorrow! I only have to draw labs once a month (probably to make up for the 6 times they poked me today) and go to Omaha every 3 months! I guess the only “bad” news that I got today is that my bones have taken a big hit so I need to start treatment for osteoporosis. I also have a little degeneration in my hip but unless it starts to hurt again, we don't have to worry about it for now.
Thank you for all your prayers and to everyone that has reminded me of the verse that I've stood behind and leaned upon for the past 17 months – that God has given me a hope and promised a beautiful future. It brings me to tears when I try to think about it all – how far I've come, and how faithful and merciful God has been. I am so glad to change the emphasis of my prayers from pleading to praising. I'm very excited to see how God is going to continue using this and what plans He has for me.

And we know that in all things God works fr the god of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.” ~ Romans 8:28
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17