Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 365

Day 365! One year since my transplant. I wish that I felt better for this landmark day, but it's amazing none-the-less. I just got word from Nebraska that my bone marrow came back clean so it's official - I'm still in remission! It's very hard for me to even say the word. On Sunday, a gentleman at church (who I've never really talked to and I'm sure doesn't read my blog) asked me if I was cured. I sit behind him EVERY week and out of the blue he felt inclined to pull me aside this week, a week when I had an answer. As I talked to him, he just smiled and said “I knew you would be”. I don't understand how God works and I still can't imagine why He decided to work a miracle in me but I'm glad that He did. A year ago I made some sort of comment in my blog about waiting to see what God had planned and I feel like I'm still doing that. At the beginning of this journey someone told me it would take 2 years to feel back to myself and I didn't want to believe that, but I’m starting to think that may be true. :( If that's what it takes, than that's what we'll do. I just keep telling myself that it's a good day and sure enough it is!
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17