Friday, June 24, 2011

Using the foundation!

Every day this week I've thought that I need to update the blog, but I can never think of anything to say. I didn't draw labs this week, so I presume that those are still status quo, the cankles are back which is annoying and I'm a bit tired, but nothing to complain about, and the past 2 days, the nausea has been a LOT better – so thankful for that! Tonight I think I'll have some taco soup – hope it likes me as much as I like it! I finally decided to get some tips on the rebuilding of my strength. It dawned on me that I don't really know how to get into shape when starting from ground zero – blessed I guess that I've always been able to physically do what I wanted – might have ended up with some sore muscles and probably looked ugly along the way, but I could do whatever I set my mind to. Now, I feel like I'm missing the foundation. It was an interesting hour with the therapist. Realized that I am out of touch with the little things, can't mentally control the support muscles, not even using the right muscles to breathe! She was testing some of my core stabilizers, and what should engage as soon as I move an arm or a leg, didn't start to contract until I was almost at full extension. She would say, “can you feel that muscle contract” as she poked into my side and I would give a tentative “yes” even though I don't think I ever felt what I was supposed to. I think that's how I often am in my faith. God is there, in the background, ready to support my every move, but I don't seek Him out until I am almost fully extended. I can't hear His voice because I rarely devote the time to really listen. I should go to him with each step instead of relying on myself and waiting until the last minute to recruit His help. Everything works better when we rely on the stable foundation. And once we acknowledge it, realize it's power and the role it can play, it's much easier to feel it working.
So, for now I'll be at home, practicing how to breathe and hopefully figuring out to get some muscles, that I can't really feel, to work again. Wish me luck.
"Now may the Lord's strength be displayed..." Numbers 14:17
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17