Thursday, March 24, 2011

You have to ask

Wow, it’s already Thursday and I haven’t sent my weekly update! Probably a sign that I’m still looking for the “yellows”:) Things are still going pretty well around here – still feeling like the turtle, but maybe not quite so skinny. Labs looked almost exactly the same as last week except that the pesky CMV virus is back again – very short-lived absence. I don’t really understand why it keeps coming and going, but Dr. Vose thinks it has to do with my meds and being immunosuppressed. Rock and a hard place I guess. Just have to trust that God is orchestrating and the docs and I are listening! This week the topic of listening and faith have come up multiple times it seems. God’s word has clear promises for us, but despite prayers and waiting, they don’t always seem to be fulfilled in the time frame we had in mind. Are we doing something wrong? I don’t think so. I really don’t know why some promises and prayers are fulfilled quicker than others, and I don't think we ever will. What I do believe is that God is not going to force us to receive His promises or His blessings. If we don’t sincerely look to him and open our hearts to the Holy Spirit, I don’t think we’re going to truly experience the contentment and promises that are available. I believe that sometimes we’re quick to blame God for not answering when in fact we’ve never really asked or opened our hearts - perhaps out of pride and thinking we can do it on our own, perhaps out of fear. Take it from me, contentment is a very good place to be – don’t be afraid to let the Holy Spirit in and just have faith that the one who created the universe is more than capable of taking care of you. If you can’t find the “faith” – just keep asking and believing.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17