Thursday, March 3, 2011

Like a skinny turtle...

Slow but sure wins the race, isn't that how the saying goes? I really can't complain. I feel good, I'm able to go to work every day, the variety of foods that I can eat continues to expand, I have a good appetite, sleep's still not what it used to be, but improving and I've just rested in God's providence in that arena! My labs are stable if not improving and the virus (CMV) that we've been monitoring decreased by 95% this week!! I'm still pretty weak, but I can't dwell on that – there are far too many other things to be thankful for. That will return at some point and until then I'll work to be content – knowing that it's his will and not mine. God will and does provide, of that I am certain. Sometimes I think we just don't open the door to receive the provisions that in his infinite wisdom He knows we need.

"The Lord is good unto them that wait for him. But they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." (or fall down, hopefully – added by me:)
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17