Wednesday, February 23, 2011

He hears me, I need to ask

Well, God never fails to amaze me as I blog each week. I really thought this was going to be “just” the update day describing how almost all of my labs are looking better this week (my white count is normal!, hemoglobin and platelets are going up) swelling in my legs is going down, energy is continuing to slowly improve. We’re still tapering my steroids but had to restart a pretty strong anti-viral drug as my labs have revealed increasing levels of a virus called CMV which has been hanging around since the transplant. It doesn’t make me feel sick, but if it gets out of control, could be bad.
Anyway, I thought that would be the end to this week’s update with an added prayer request for me to be able to sleep – I’m still fighting waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep. I was convinced it would get better if I just gave it more time, but after 6 weeks, it’s starting to catch up with me. For 3 days now, I can really feel it wearing on my spirit. So yesterday, in my ultimate wisdom I came up with a plan, I'd try "A", and if that didn't work, I'd try "B" and when that failed...
So as God loves to do, He patiently waits and finds wonderful ways to make himself known. This morning this is what he had waiting for me in my devotional: “I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” Isaiah 46:4 And it didn’t end there, the specific recommendation was to “confess any tendency to complain of my pains rather than praying about them” and reminded me to be thankful that God promises strength for the weary and that He will renew my energy. Wow, EXACTLY what I needed to hear and read today because I think I’ve talked to everyone except God about my sleep. How awesome is God to meet us where we are and remind us that He’s listening. I think I’ll do a little more praying and listening, ask for your continued prayers, and wait a couple more days before starting that Lunesta ;) And who knows, He may still choose to use modern medicine to accomplish His goals, but I'll let Him decide that.

“he will not grow tired or weary,… He gives strength to the weary…” Isaiah 40
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17