Monday, February 7, 2011

El Roi

Every day is getting better and God continues to watch over my progress and guide this recovery. Thankfully Mom and I had a safe trip to Omaha today and as long as things continue to progress, we do not have to go back for a month! Unfortunately, even though I'm feeling better, my labs have not improved much – overall immune system, platelets and hemoglobin remaining lower than I'd like but not critical.. Dr Vose does not know exactly why this is, but said that after having a severe case of GVHD, it's not too unusual. She has decreased or stopped most of my meds in an attempt to remedy the low counts, but we will just have to be patient, smart and trust in the healing hand of God.
I'm currently reading about the names of God and this week I'm pondering “El Roi” - the God who sees me. The God who know our circumstances, past, present and future. The one who knows everything about me. The God who knows MY name! How much peace to know that even when I am lost and confused,weak and tired, the God who created the world knows what I'm going through and cares. What an awesome God.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17