Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy 2015

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy 2015! 5 years – I can't wrap my mind around the fact that it's been 5 years since I started this blog! The entries have become fewer and farther between and that is a reflection of blessings. I like the “boring” life where the more exciting moments include surviving the holidays without catching a cold or earlier in the month, when I did catch a cold, I didn't end up in the hospital – both very good things that I list among the blessings. (Blessings that a few years ago probably would have been taken fore granted). In any case, the point is that I've been doing well. After my 10 day stint in the hospital last Spring, things have been better. In the fall I underwent elective surgery to correct a deviated septum and open some sinuses – not to change my profile, but in an attempt to decrease a trigger for some of my lung issues. For those of you that have had similar surgeries, I can now sy mpathize – it was terrible and it took weeks before I could say that I was glad I had it done. But, that's in the rear-view and a 2015 full of big anniversaries and endless possibilities awaits. I feel like my life is transitioning, but have no idea where to or what for. So as the days move on, I try to keep my eyes open, looking for what God has in store and where he can use me next. I'm ready for the next chapter and just wish I knew what it was going to look like, but as we've all learned many times before, it will happen in God's own time. Not mine. Happy New Year.
"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord" ~ Jeremiah 29:11
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17