Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Not the best week...

So, it's been another set of not so great days. (Glad there was plenty of basketball on TV since I spent the weekend on the couch). Can't really figure out why, but it's once again become difficult to breathe or carry on a conversation. It's the worst in the morning and then gradually seems to loosen up throughout the day with lots of coughing (I feel bad for my co-workers, esp those that share my office). I don't have a fever, sore throat or any other aches and pains that you would expect to accompany a virus so not really sure what triggered the set back this time. Dr Vose decreased my steroids a little bit when I saw her last week so maybe that's it. Who knows?!! (Yes, I did contact Omaha to see if they know, but am not expecting to hear anything earth-shattering). While I wait to hear back from them, I guess I'll keep doing what I do which is push on. Not sure that there's any other option to be honest. And things could be a lot worse – I could write a list a mile long of situations which would be worse. Top of that list would have to be losing my faith or questioning God's sovereignty. There's no way that I could get up every morning and face the challenges of the day if I didn't believe in something greater, that there was a plan beyond my comprehension, that suffering could have a purpose. My prayers always go out to those experiencing tough times - that they will feel God's presence and be given faith beyond measure. Through all of this, I've come to realize that in the big picture, that gift is much more valuable than any dose of healing.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17