Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 420...

Lab results came back and thankfully they were boring! Platelets eeked by just above 100, Hemoglobin was a little bit higher, CMV and HPylori were both negative! I had my 1 month evaluation at PT and they seemed very pleased with my progress. They seemed equally impressed at how I manage to successfully accomplish tasks even though I'm not using the "correct" muscles (probably the reason for the large knots that I have in my shoulders - they've been there for longer than I can remember). In any case, the knots scored me a 15 minute massage in an attempt to get them to relax so that the correct muscles could try to work. I've never been so thankful for the knots :) A few of us went country dancing for the first time since I got sick and I was still able to make it around the floor (but have to admit that we didn't try anything too fancy). I still haven't tried to "run" - I think I'm a little afraid at what will happen, or rather, what won't happen! Maybe next week.
Otherwise, pretty status quo - lots of kids needing physicals has managed to keep us busy at work. Hard to believe that summer is almost over and a year ago I still had 6 weeks in Omaha! Oh, the fun I missed ;) Three more weeks before I go back to Omaha.
"Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go...for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." ~Genesis 28:15
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17