Sunday, July 31, 2011

Moving Forward

I think I'm falling behind in the blog department! On a day to day basis, things seem to be rather “day to day”, but when I look back, I realize how God's hand continues to be at work all around. I'm still feeling good the majority of days and the weight and strength continue to increase. I'm still going to PT and seeing results. This week they'll re-test me to objectify my progress over the past month.
Some not so little accomplishments and experiences over the past 10 days – I walked a mile on the treadmill (and didn't feel like I was going to fall down); I was able to walk down the aisle at one of my best friend's weddings and enjoy a beautiful day with them; and God saved me and my house when a very large branch mysteriously fell from my 60 yr old oak and landed perfectly between my house and the neighbor's. (and there's not much space between our houses!) It was ridiculous – there was so much tree on the ground that I literally couldn't walk between our houses, but both roofs were virtually untouched. I love “Wow God” stories.
This week is “lab” week so I'll try to send out an update when I get back the results. Hopefully they'll be very boring! I still have another month before I have to head back to Omaha – however I don't think the flood waters will be down by then so might be a long “scenic” trip (and you all know how much I love those!)
Hope you're all surviving the heat - personally, I LOVE not being cold!
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17