Monday, August 22, 2011

Maybe more red than green.

Seriously, you've got to be kidding. I just can't seem to be content with “boring” when it comes to my health. What started out as what I thought was a “sore bum” from PT has turned out to be shingles! Shingles, a nice red, blistery rash that started on my tail bone and has continued to progress south. So far it's only spread to my upper leg and I pray that it doesn't go any farther but the nerve track that's affected goes all the way down my leg so it could potentially affect the whole thing. It's only mildly uncomfortable, alternating between a slight burn/ache and a mild itch and again I pray that it stays that way because all I keep hearing is how painful shingles can become. Dr. Vose said that I needed to “immediately” start an anti-viral but I'm skeptical that it will help at this point since the symptoms started several days ago, but we'll give it a go and take 1 day at a time until we've cleared this hurdle. For now, I guess I'll be a good “teaching case” for everyone in my office.

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding..” ~Proverbs 3:5
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17