Friday, June 1, 2012

Good days...

The weeks keep flying by and I can honestly say that I've been feeling good – probably better than a lot of people that I see every day. God has been good. Last weekend I was blessed to have the opportunity (and strength) to roadtrip to Indianapolis with Cindy, TJ and Scott. Keith met us there and it was a great weekend. Keith and I opted out of the 95 and sunny Indy 500 and instead spent the day hanging out and hiking around a bird sanctuary. It's been a long time since I went on a “hike” and it felt great. (Plus, I knew K could carry me back if I over-did it :) Other than that – life has been good around KC. Tonight I was driving home from Mom and Dad's and caught myself singing in the car – the ease of it caught me off guard since I haven't been able to sing in so many months. And the lyrics? “I must go through the valley to stand upon the mountain of God” by 3rd Day. (Don't get the wrong idea, I won't be joining the choir anytime soon!)
I don't have any big plans for the summer – weddings, showers, BBQ's. Probably staying fairly close to home. Next trip to Omaha will be mid-June.

“He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.” ~ Psalm 40:3
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17