Thursday, September 1, 2011

Trip to Omaha...

Before the holiday weekend, figured I'd send a quick update. Our trip to Omaha proved to be another successful day. My labs were better than I had expected – hemoglobin and platelets were almost in the normal range! Dr. Vose seemed pleased with my progress and decided that I didn't need the CT. (I'm not disappointed to have avoided that radiation). Another 3 months before I'll need to go back – maybe the flood waters will be down by then! I've felt ok as of late. Still a little bit of burning from the shingles and the stomach continues to have it's ups and downs, but nothing that's kept me from going to work and doing what I need to do. I pray that my endurance continues to improve. (slow and steady wins the race). Have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend! As for me, I'll be spending it with family.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17