Saturday, September 10, 2011

September already!

Well, this week is a good example on how the best intentions don't always happen. Every night last week I planned to post an entry to the blog, but as you can see, I didn't manage to get that done. Oops. I survived Labor Day – my first weekend out of town this summer. We went to the farm and I was able to see a lot of family that I haven't seen in a long time. Even got to ride horses with Lisa on Sunday – wasn't sure that I'd be strong enough, but I'd have to say that it went rather well. My endurance is starting to pick up so my next goal is to play volleyball this fall. I'm sure it will be ugly, but I have to start somewhere! Next week I can get my 2nd round of immunizations which is great since flu season is quickly approaching and I hope to avoid all the crud. Hard to believe that a year ago I was fighting headaches and a myriad of other problems while counting down the days until I'd be able to leave Omaha. Now I'm looking at deadlines for volleyball leagues and hoping to get grass seed planted before it's too late! Not to mention, gearing up for football season! Pretty soon I'll be able to report on my first haircut. But I have to admit that it's kind of fun now because when people comment, I can tell them that God is my stylist.

"The Lord is my strength and my song..." ~Exodus 15:2
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17