Thursday, May 3, 2012

Saved by the grace of God

On this beautiful, 80+ degree day I decided it would be a good idea to mow the grass. First time that I've personally attempted it this spring. The reasonable thing to do would be to do it in parts, and I considered that. But after I got started and realized how hot and itchy I was getting, I decided that I should just push through and finish it so that I could go shower! But, I guess even when mowing the grass, God knows how much we can handle because the mower ran out of gas before I did ;) Better luck next time. In all seriousness, I'm doing well, getting stronger every day, and this is a big week for me – 2 years of remission! Who would have guessed? (Well, I know that we would, but who in the medical community would have thought?!!) Not sure how it's possible, but once in a while, I seem to forget what was going on 2 years ago and have to remind myself that every day I'm alive is a miracle and a sign of God's power and love. Sure, there are some things that I really wish I could still do, but in the big picture, I can do so much and am so blessed. I know that God's not done and hopefully he has some more miracles up his sleeve, but in the meantime, my “new normal” is going pretty well and I'm really enjoying the spring! “Surely God is my help, the Lord is the one who sustains me.” ~Psalm 54:4
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17