Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pretty much the same...

Kind-of a dreary day all the way around. Most of the trip to Omaha was either overcast or raining, (but thankfully it wasn't freezing). Once we got there things went rather smoothly. As I suspected, not much has changed since November. Blood work is stable and chest Xray looks the same. The amount of air that I can move out of my lungs changed very little – from 49% to 51%. :( That translates to feeling fine doing day to day things but getting winded with any exertion. Dr Vose reminded me that we should be happy that the condition of my lungs hasn't deteriorated and has shown positive, albeit small, improvement. However, all I can think about is that the reality is that they might never get better and I'm still not ready to come to terms with that. At this point there's not much we can do but wait and pray. I will strive to keep positive and not allow myself to dwell on what I can't do but remind myself of all that I can and have faith in God's healing. And the way it looks now, I should actually be able to enjoy Christmas, New Year and my birthday at home this year!

“I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from her to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” ~Matthew 17:20-21
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17